Applebee's Apple Chimi Cheesecake is easy to make at home. You can make it tonight as a special treat for your family or make a few for your next party. Our Applebee's Recipe for Chimi Cheesecake tastes just like the no-longer-available dessert you used to get at Applebee's.
Applebee's Apple Chimi Cheesecake
This is a sort of apple pie, cheesecake, tortilla combination from Applebee's past.
I'm not sure Applebee's still offers this dessert in all parts of the country. But it is delicious and many people who have tried it in the past have fond memories. So I thought I would include it for them. If you haven't had the opportunity to try it -- now is your chance, too.
I might make this soon for my parents. Mom loves apple pie. And Dad loves cheesecake. :)
- 2 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, peeled apple
- Oil for frying
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Caramel topping (optional)
- Let tortillas stand at room temperature while making filling.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Using a fork, mash cream cheese with vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in apple. Spoon filling down centers of tortillas, leaving 1 1/2 inches at
top and bottom.
- To enclose filling, fold top and bottom onto cream cheese; roll up.
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet about 1/2 inch deep.
- Fry tortillas on both sides until golden.
- Turn out onto paper towel and immediately into cinnamon sugar.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Applebee's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Applebee's Apple Chimi Cheesecake is by Tricia J. and was featured on Yelp.com.