Applebee's Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Baby Back Ribs are the most popular item on Applebee’s menu and are incredibly easy to make at home. The BBQ sauce is surprisingly simple and has only 6 — count them 6! — ingredients.
Applebee’s Baby Back Ribs Restaurant RecipeHonestly, I usually make 2 batches of the sauce. One for basting and one for dipping at the table. No matter how much I make, it never goes to waste.
- 3 racks of Baby-Back Pork Ribs, each rack cut in half (about one pound each)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Put ribs in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat becomes fork-tender.
(This is how Applebee’s does it. Boiling is a quick and easy cooking technique for ribs that is good for restaurants. But is not the best way to cook them. See the Grilling Ribs Pages on my BBQ website The Weekend Grillers for better techniques you can use at home.)
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring often, 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Line broiler pan with foil for easy cleanup.
6. Place ribs, meat side down, on broiler-pan rack, brush with 1/2 the sauce and broil 4 – 5 inches from heat source for 6 – 7 minutes.
7. Turn ribs over, brush with remaining sauce and broil 6 – 7 minutes longer or until edges are just slightly charred.
8. Serve with dipping sauce if you followed my advice and made two batches.
Makes about 4 servings for normal people or 1 serving for a True BBQ Fanatic.
Takes about 1 1/4 hours with about 4 minutes actual work time.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from Applebee's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Applebee's Baby Back Ribs Recipe is by Lippo - Mike LaPlante and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.